The Cyprus Review invites submissions for its upcoming 2021 Special Issue on
COVID-19 in Doctrinal Context: Analysing, Theorising, and Surpassing the Pandemic Crisis
Responding to the ongoing planetary crisis due to the spread of the COVID-19, The Cyprus Review opens the present call to all interested academics, scholars, and practitioners who are willing to contribute to the ongoing scientific debate about the foundational questions raised by the pandemic, the threats, challenges, and possibly opportunities created, and the doctrinal assessment of the systemic responses provided vis-à-vis this latest predicament.
The Review invites all interested authors to consider submitting original contributions primarily in the fields of International Relations, Politics, Social Welfare, History, Public Administration, Law, Sociology, Anthropology, Social Sciences, Economic, and Life and Health Sciences, critically approaching the pandemic crisis in theoretic or practical milieu. It should be pointed out that the contributions must be, at the broadest possible sense, pertinent to Cyprus in order to be considered for publication.
Following below is a highly indicative list of topics:
- COVID-19 and the world order
- Law and society in the context of the pandemic
- Social distancing and the social science
- Human rights in the COVID-19 era
- Legal, social, and political notions of the State of Exception
- Biopolitics, necropolitics and State regulation during the crisis
- International organisation and international crisis management
- Humanity, solidarity, and sociability in the times of COVID-19
- EU policies and the pandemic
- Economic, commercial, and financial aspects of the crisis
- Poverty, social exclusion, and the Welfare State during the pandemic
- COVID-19 and the environment
- Spatial and temporal aspects of the pandemic crisis
- Legal and political dimension of the preventive policies implemented
- Threats, challenges, and opportunities for scientific debate in the times of the pandemic
This is not an exclusive list. On the contrary, we urge prospective authors to think out of the box, endorse bold new ideas, and research the various aspects the current crisis. Articles should have a relevance to the case of Cyprus, thus enhancing Cyprological studies and research.
- Authors should consult the Journal’s guidelines for submission which can be found at: http://cyprusreview.org/index.php/cr/information/authors
- The Cyprus Review is available at http://cyprusreview.org
- For specific academic enquiries, please contact The Cyprus Review Editorial Team via email@example.com.
- Interested scholars should send their papers to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org or submit their articles through our online platform available at the review’s web page https://cyprusreview.org, not later than 5 January 2021, 12.00 a.m. EET.
- All submissions should be identified in the email subject with the heading ‘TCR 2021, COVID-19 Special Issue’
About The Cyprus Review
The Cyprus Review is an international bi-annual refereed Cyprological journal. For nearly 30 years, it has been at the forefront of scholarship on Cypriot political, social and economic issues, encouraging research and reflection on a range of disciplines in the general spectre of social sciences pertinent to Cyprus. Founded in 1989, The Cyprus Review aims to serve as the forum where original research is presented and to shape discussion of the most important and topical issues through a rigorous scholarship selection and editing process. Meeting the highest international standards, The Cyprus Review is published in the English language, thus engaging in an international dialogue about Cyprus and safeguarding that its content is widely disseminated.
As a Cyprological peer review journal in the wider field of social sciences, The Cyprus Review aims to solicit papers on topics pertinent to the fields of International Relations, Politics, Social Welfare, History, Public Administration, Law, Sociology, Anthropology, and other related fields, pertinent to Cyprus.
The Editorial Team of The Cyprus Review is:
- Editor-in-Chief: Dr Christina Ioannou
- Consulting Editor: Professor Achilles Emilianides
- Managing Editor: Dr Emilios A. Solomou
- Publications Editor: Dimitrios Kourtis, PhD(c)
- Assistant Editor: Dr Maria Hadjiathanasiou
- Book Editors: Dr Michalis Kontos, Dr Giorgos Charalambous